With reference to the new EU regulation 2016/679, we inform you as follows:
What are COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files sent from a site to the visitor of the same and then sent back to the site to be read by the server.
Cookies collect some information on the use that the visitor makes of a given site (how many and which pages are visited, how long the visitor remained on the site, from which channel the visitor arrived on the site, etc.) and are stored on the hard disk (or on the memory unit) of the device you are using to visit the Site.
There are various types of cookies: some make the use of a site more effective, while others enable certain further features. In general, cookies allow you to:
- store preferences
- avoid re-entering the same information several times during the visit (e.g. login data of a reserved area)
- analyze the use that the user makes of the services and contents of the site
- view third-party content such as videos and maps
- share contents on Social Networks
- serve personalized advertisements to users
How are cookies classified?
Cookies can be classified in various ways:
- Depending on the website that generates them (First Party or Third-Party Cookies)
- Depending on their duration (Temporary or Persistent Cookies)
- Depending on their purpose (Technical, Analytical, Third-Party Service Analysis Cookies, to integrate third party software products and functions and Profiling)
The most important classification taken into account is surely that relating to the PURPOSE OF USE to which the current legislation refers most.
The Cookies used by Mediterranea
Below are the various types of cookies used by Mediterranea according to their purpose of use:
Technical Cookies. This type of cookies allows the proper functioning of some sections of the site; they are generated by the site you are visiting, and only this site can read these cookies. They are divided into 2 categories based on their duration:
- Temporary (or session): they do not have an expiration date and are removed at the end of the session or when the browser is closed.
- Persistent: they have a predefined expiration date and therefore remain on the user’s computer even after having terminated the session or closed the Browser, so that they can be read by the site visited on the next visit.
These cookies are necessary to view the site correctly and will therefore always be used and sent, unless the user changes the settings of his browser (with the risk of blocking some features of the site).
Cookies to integrate third-party software products and functions. This type of cookies integrates features developed by third parties within the pages of the site such as preferences expressed on social networks in sharing contents or for the use of third-party software services (such as the generation of maps and other software). These cookies are sent from third party domains.
When you visit a page on our site, you may find content posted by external sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.) and these sites may generate cookies. Our Site has no control over them. Therefore, please check these sites if you wish to have more information on their Cookies policies.
According to the current regulations, Mediterranea is not required to ask for the user’s consent for the installation of technical cookies, as they are necessary for the normal functioning of the Site.
For all other types of cookies, consent can be expressed by the User with the following methods:
- Through specific configurations of the browser used or the related programs used to navigate the Site.
- By changing the settings while using third-party services
However, please note that both of these solutions could prevent the user from using or viewing parts of the Site.
How to disable cookies through your browser
Third-party websites and cookies
Our Site may contain links to other websites that have their own policy on cookies which may be different from that adopted by our Site. We are not responsible for this; hence, we invite the user to read up all the different cookies policies on these sites.
Changes to the Site and this page
Mediterranea retain the right to modify the contents of the Site and of this page at any time and without any further notice. The user agrees to be bound by any such future revisions and therefore undertakes to periodically visit the Site in order to be periodically informed of any changes.
Unless otherwise specified, this privacy statement only concerns this website. Privacy